An Attorney Who Gets Results Both In And Out Of The Courtroom
When you need someone to help you with your legal needs, you deserve a lawyer you can trust to protect your best interests. I am Jacklyn Bentley, and I represent clients throughout California in post-conviction relief matters, administrative hearings and personal injury lawsuits.
I particularly enjoy achieving strong, positive resolutions in which I get to use my negotiation skills. I pride myself on being a fighter both in and out of the courtroom, often arguing so passionately that it seems I am the client. You can learn more about my work experience or education here:
Dedicated And Committed Representation
As a young child, I always had a fascination with the law, and I remember telling my mother that I wanted to be a lawyer before I even started kindergarten.
I attended undergraduate college in the small Pennsylvania town of Lancaster. I was highly involved with my college, both academically and as a star sprinter on the track team. I still hold multiple school records for my achievements as an athlete. Some of my accomplishments include being elected president of the philosophy club and to the executive board of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Advocates organization (LGBTA).
Upon graduating with a degree in philosophy, I realized it was time to pursue my dream of becoming an attorney. I moved to California to attend Santa Clara University School of Law. Here, my passion for helping those in need led me to become the vice president of the Criminal Law Society and the president of the Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian and Advocates group (BGLAd). I worked throughout my years at Santa Clara University to develop my talent for oral advocacy, including participating in multiple competitions. I also took it upon myself to hone my negotiation skills in law school and, in so doing, won the school’s ABA Negotiation Competition.
My Early Law Career
Since graduating from Santa Clara Law, I have focused on fine-tuning my powers of persuasion. I initially worked for the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office in both the Narcotics and Gang Units. This work allowed me to see the ins and outs of how prosecutors work and think.
I soon found a home at a local criminal defense firm and have never looked back. At this firm, I was the primary courtroom attorney. Once I realized that I truly enjoyed working independently on cases and going the extra mile, I decided to venture out on my own.
I have conducted multiple trials and administrative hearings. I am always hungry to get into a courtroom of any kind. I also love to help clients that are putting their lives back together by helping to clean up their criminal histories.
In personal injury cases, I work to maximize the amount my clients recover. My goal is to get you the full amount of money you deserve for your injuries and losses. All personal injury cases are taken on a contingency fee basis, which means you will only pay an attorney fee if I help obtain a recovery.
There Is A Smart Way To Select The Right Attorney
When you are looking for a lawyer to represent you, there are some things you should consider before committing to anyone. Here are a few tips I recommend everyone follow:
- Determine what you need most:
- Privacy and discretion?
- Aggressive representation in court?
- Open communication with your lawyer?
- An attorney you can trust?
- An attorney who knows how the other side thinks?
- Call several attorneys that appeal to you
- You can find attorneys online
- You can ask trusted friends for a referral
- You can contact the local bar association for a referral
- You can use the yellow pages
- Ask each attorney about the most important issues for you. Be sure they not only have experience working on cases like yours but also produced successful outcomes in those cases.
- If you are still unsure who to choose, visit a few attorneys who connected best with you.
- Often, the right attorney for you is the one you feel most comfortable with. Every attorney is different, so you need to take the time to choose the one that’s right for you.